Super Foods for Healthy Lifestyle
What is a Super Food?
The first thing you need to know is what is a “Super Food”? There is no complex theory to explain this phenomenon. Super food is any food with good nutritional value. Super food is also called as functional food. These foods do not only provide complete nutritional to the body, but they also provide many benefits for your health by avoiding a number of diseases.
There is a wide range if variety available in class of super foods. Nowadays, you can find various super foods available in the market easily although these are obtained from different parts of the world like Asia, Rain Forest, and South America, etc. Although these super foods are available in nature from centuries and widely used by local people. However, the values of these foods are illuminated by proper research on these foods.
Some foods are also available in local markets easily like pomegranates, blueberries, broccoli, avocado, etc. These foods contain high fiber and many anti oxidants for better health purpose. However, to achieve a specific purpose for particular food you need to take that food more regularly and in larger quantity.
The need of super foods arises due to the low nutrition available in present diets of people. Some basic reasons for why people need super foods include:
- As, nowadays people cannot afford organic food easily thus using cultured foods, which are not rich with all goodness of nature.
- Processed food is widely used by people nowadays, which are low in nutritional value.
- People in poor countries do not have enough resources for healthy diets.
- People only acknowledge their diseases after it is fully developed. However, super foods can prevent these diseases.
- Due to high pollution in environment people need more antioxidants to secure their health.
- Health awareness is being propagated among people for last decade. People are searching for foods with high nutrition and mineral.
- A precaution is better than cure, and super food is your precaution against many diseases like cancer, etc.
Super foods are the necessity of time. These foods can help you to improve your health without any steroids and artificial medication. They can help you to fight diseases in a more vigilant manner.
Top Super foods offering Super Health Protection:
Some top super foods offering supper health protection includes many foods like:
- Green tea and also black tea contain a compound known as phyto-nutrient which can improve your health in every aspect. It can help you in GI health, weight management, Blood sugar, oral health and blood sugar. It also contains anti oxidants to purify your internal system.
- You can use flax seeds in your cereals, salads, smoothies or anyway, you. With 1 tablespoon every day, you can provide your body with great health supplement.
- Pure butter is also called as wonder food. You can obtain all good fats by using a small amount in your daily diet.
- For cooking purpose olive oil is best super food. It provides all health benefits without gaining weight.
- Vegetables and fruits are vital. However green vegetables contain the high amount of chlorophyll, which can be only manufactured by green plants in the presence of sunlight. These foods also include grass of wheat and barley. These foods not only act as a healing agent with anti-inflammatory property but also used as the anti ageing agent. Green super foods help to cool down, release stress and provide peace to your body. You can also obtain lutein from green vegetables, which promote health to the great extent.
- With wheat bran, you can obtain insoluble fiber, which reduces the risk of breast and colon cancer.
- Yogurt provides Lactobacillus, which highly improves health of the gastro intestine.
- With soy-based foods, you can obtain soy protein, which also reduces chances for cardiovascular disease.
List of what is a “Super Food”:
You can obtain super foods from various resources. They have huge benefits for health and help to fight against diseases like cancer, cardiovascular disease, improves oral health and so on. The list of what is a “Supper Food” is given below. However; you can also find more super foods by consulting your doctor.
Berries can help you to fight number of diseases. They are enriched with Folate, fiber, Vitamin C and phyto nutrients. These berries include raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, cherries and blackberries.
Sea vegetables are enriched with various proteins, minerals and vitamins. They are low in calories. These include: wakame, agar, hiziki, dulse and Kombu.
Green vegetables contain Iron, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C, Beta carotene, folate and calcium. They are also rich in fiber. These vegetable include chard, collard green, kale, arugula and broccoli etc.
This super food enhances your immune system and secures your body against infections. They work as anti oxidants. These pickles include sauerkraut, Kim chi and rice bran pickle.
These are basically available in Asia and also called as Japanese radish. These are good source of Vitamin C.
This super food is also known as king of alkaline foods. They are widely used in Japan and are used to attain strength and balance. It is known for its antibacterial properties. It can be used in a form of vinegar.
Soy like Miso and Tempeh:
Tempeh and Miso are obtained from soy beans. Tempeh is famous in Indonesia and good source of fiber. However, miso is the good source of carbohydrates and protein but also rich in salt. Thus, people with a blood pressure problem should use it with care.
Whole grain free of Gluten:
Whole grains contain precious anti oxidants along with Magnesium, iron, fiber and Vitamin B and E. You can also use grain in form of whole grain flour.
Olive oil is rich source of good fats. It not only provides required fats for body but it also has anti inflammatory property.
This super food contains vital nutrients, proteins, calcium and most importantly Omega 3 fatty acids. It also contains elements like iron, phosphorus, Niacin and Potassium. These all nutrient enhance heart condition and reduce cholesterol.
Some other super foods include chillie pepper, which provides protection against colon cancer, diabetes, etc, mushrooms, nuts, Turmeric, papaya, etc.
To find what is super food all you need to do is search for nutritional content of food. The composition of food will help you to understand the propertied and benefit of super foods.